Saturday, January 29, 2011

Shoot for the Stars!

I've been thinking a lot about this concept: Shoot for the stars, and even if you land on the moon, it's still pretty awesome!

Not a day goes by that I don't think about my experience at Disney World for that year at Epcot.  I shot for the stars, and I made it that time.  It was one of the most amazing years of my life that I am forever grateful for.  It shaped me and paved the way for a brighter future full of more exciting adventures and ambitions.  That internship help lead me towards the direction I'm headed in my career.  Ultimately, I want to use my education to get others excited about horticulture, whether it's in a botanic or community garden, through a landscaping company, as a sales rep or a PR for a company, or in my own home.  I am SO excited!

Because of this newfound ambition and direction, I applied to numerous internships for the summer in botanical gardens and their community garden programs:

Longwood Gardens (located in Kennett Square, PA): A very prestigious internship to do, and having Disney on my resume helps a LOT.  I applied for 3 internships: Indoor Display, Outdoor Display, and Greenhouse Propagation.  

Chicago Botanic Garden: I applied for their display internship as well as their "Green Youth Farm" community garden program.  The display internship would have me working in the botanic garden while the Green Youth Farm internship would have me in one of four community gardens in Chicago supported by the gardens.  I would be working with middle/high school students from under served areas to teach them all I know about gardening and help them develop who they are.

Denver Botanic Garden: I basically applied for the same internships like Chicago, but their CSA program is not with middle/high school students.  It is more focused on the community as a whole.

No matter where I end up, I am going to have SUCH a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment