Sunday, September 18, 2011

HOPE

A few days ago, I read a talk called "Hope" by Steven E. Snow that gave me a greater understanding of what hope is and what it can do for me.

"Hope is an emotion which brings richness to our everyday lives....[it] brings a certain calming influence to our lives as we confidently look forward to future events."


I love that.

I had a lot of anxiety this past week with all the changes, turning a new leaf over, and uncertainty that's been weighing me down.  This article reminded me how hope can bring us peace and calm that we need.

Something else that I have been focusing on a lot this week is being able to recognize and listen to the Spirit.  I've been feeling pretty lost for the past month, but the one thing I know for a surety is how my faith can give me the guidance I need through personal revelation.  I heard a really awesome idea at church:

If you want to hear the still, small voice, then YOU have to be still and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment