Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's just safer this way...

On my way home today, I had a little chat with Heavenly Father.

One thing that I try to avoid at all costs is the cold weather.  I will spend extra time walking through a warm building if that means less time outside, and yes, I will jaywalk if that means a straight shot to my apartment.

As I was walking home (through a building), I had the choice between walking a few extra feet to a crosswalk and jaywalking across for a quicker route.  The thought came to my head:


Just use the crosswalk.
I responded, but jaywalking isn't illegal in the city of Rexburg as long as a car doesn't have to yield to me.
Sure, you won't be breaking the law, but the crosswalk is safer.  


The lesson I learned from this little conversation with God is that there are times when we think we can do something our way and be careful about not getting hit by figurative cars since the crosswalk would add a few extra steps to your journey.

But it's always safer to just take the crosswalk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment