Sunday, July 17, 2011

Watch and Pray...

Matthew 26:38 and 41
38Then saith he unto them, My soul is aexceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and bwatch with me.
 41aWatch and bpray, that ye enter not into ctemptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.


Jesus wanted His disciples to watch, or in other words, stay awake, while He was in the Garden of Gethsemane.  After thinking about these two verses, I noticed that there is a connection between watching and praying in verse 41.  When we pray, we stay spiritually awake. 


I have felt very spiritually tired recently as life has beat me to my knees.  There isn't a better time for me to be sincerely praying and watching.  My flesh is weak, but my spirit is willing.  I need to pray.  As I knelt by my bedside tonight, I poured my heart out vocally to my Heavenly Father, thanking Him for the blessings and asking for guidance and support in my trials.  The difference in how I felt before and after that prayer was like night and day.  I felt spiritually invigorated and re-energized.  


No comments:

Post a Comment