Friday, July 1, 2011

An Ode to Goodwill

Oh, Goodwill, how you make my heart sing and my wallet smile.

Tonight, I went to the BEST Goodwill I've ever been to.  It was HUGE, clean, and extremely organized.  And full of incredible brand name clothing in pristine condition!!!  For $21, I bought Banana Republic jeans, Gap jeans, an Express skirt, a pair of shorts from Target, and the cutest wedge shoes.  Clothes shopping really doesn't get better than that.

However, I do support the argument that going to a store and buying new clothes can be more refreshing and enjoyable, and I think everyone needs to go into a department store to blow some money on something they really want.  But Goodwill is where I find most of the clothes in my closet.  Now that I think about it, almost ALL of them came from Goodwill!  


My wardrobe didn't used to be that way.  I was terrified to put even a toe into a thrift store.  I would feel like gagging because "it smelled weird."  And who the heck knows whose armpits have been on that shirt?!  And what if someone barfed on these jeans, washed them, and sent them to Goodwill?  Gross.  And to be absolutely honest, I was a little to prideful to wear "second-hand clothing."  I'm really glad I got over that.

One characteristic I've been developing this summer is frugality.  I definitely haven't ever been reckless with money, but there is room for improvement.  I don't need NEW clothes, and there are a lot of things I want but don't need.  Overall, this has been going well for me in all aspects except for food.  I really like nice food.  Everybody's got a vice, right?  :)

This is one of my new favorites:  Hudson's Baked Tilapia with Dill Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment