Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday Morning Ritual and Key Lime Pie

I think I've found that my time to sleep in, blog in my PJs and jam to country music is Saturday mornings.  I like this.  :)

What a WEEK.  I am so grateful it's over.

3 Disney College Program presentations (with over 170 students in attendance), teaching leadership training for Gateway Seminars, preparing for PLANET, which includes getting all my homework done for the next week, grading a ton of papers for Greenhouse Operations, and the list goes on.

I was at wit's end yesterday, fighting back the tears until I crashed at home that night (then it was Niagara Falls in my room).  What did I come home to?  Key lime pie.

A good friend of mine knew that I was having a terrible day, and while I was still on campus, he dropped a key lime pie off at my apartment as a pick-me-up and taste of home with a very thoughtful note.  I'm eating a piece of it at this very moment.  :)

Last night, I thought about how lucky I am to have such caring people in my life who are there for me, and all the bad things that happened this week weren't as bad in my mind.

There's nothing like a good piece of key lime pie in the morning.


What was left of my key lime pie slice after blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment