Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Final Countdown

My last semester of college for my undergrad.  


In less than four months, I'll don the cardboard hat, long black "gown," and walk across that stage to reach a destination I've been working on for YEARS.  It's been difficult to keep this final destination in my focus because of all the other things on my list to get done before hand.  But it's definitely  surreal to when I do think about it...

What's happened in my life?  What hasn't happened?!

PLANET Student Career Days:
I spent a week on a trip to compete at Kansas State University with over 800 other horticulture students throughout the country. BYU-Idaho's team of 18 students did so well!  In fact...

BYU-Idaho's Horticulture team is NUMBER 1 in the nation!  

 It was one of the most memorable experiences of my life, not only to beat BYU-Provo, but to be the #1 school out of over 60!  My professors keep the trophy in their sight at all times. :)

There were 28 different competitive events, and I competed in Interior Plant ID as well as Personnel Management.  Here's how I did:

I actually tied for 1st place out of over 80 students!  The only reason why they didn't choose me as 1st was because I missed a variety name, and the other girl misspelled.  Who says the variety name is more important to get right than spelling?!  :)

#4 is not bad at all given that the two of us have never taken an HR class before.  I really enjoyed this event!  The sponsor, Brickman Landscaping was very fun to work with, and this gave many great networking opportunities.

Speaking of networking,  I was able to network with so many potential employers!  I have tons of good job leads, so I'm super excited about where life will lead me in July.


1 comment:

  1. It was very interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks the author for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read more soon.
    1982 Oldsmobile Toronado AC Compressor

    ReplyDelete