Monday, May 16, 2011

Love casts out fear

Just a short entry today...

I've heard it a million times that "perfect love casteth out fear," yet I still doubt and worry.  In church, we are taught about how important it is for us to learn this simple truth instead of the Lord compelling us to understand.  I thought to myself, I don't want a tragedy to have to teach me this lesson.

With this thought in mind, I am choosing to turn to the Lord for relief from fear.  I'm replacing fear with trust in all aspects of my life which will reduce stress, increase happiness, and help me progress more efficiently.  There is no need to worry.  I don't want to be kept awake by a racing/palpitating heart, waste time thinking about "what-if" scenarios, or feel like I don't have control of what is going on.

I DO have the ability to have an amount of control in what happens to me.  Funny as it sounds, when you allow Heavenly Father to be in control, YOU start to feel more in control of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment