Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ruin is a gift.

Out of curiosity, I started watching the movie, Eat Pray Love.  It wasn't really my cup of tea (Julia Roberts' character isn't my favorite), but I did acquire a very good quote from the movie:

Ruin is a gift.  Ruin is a road to transformation.  

This concept is one that I've learned (and am still learning) to embrace.  I love that this quote uses the word "ruin" instead of pain or trials.  When you think of ruins as in ancient artifacts, they are often broken, torn, and are missing pieces.  When we are "ruined," we go through that same process.  We become broken, torn, and have missing pieces as well.  Our Savior can fix our broken and torn hearts, and sometimes give us our missing pieces back.  

However, we often lose pieces of our lives in order to make room for a better piece.  We may not realize this at first, but as we turn to God for direction, He will lead us to that piece we are looking for.  I have always been amazed at how beautifully and perfectly it fits in my life when I relax and let God take control of my life.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment