Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sitting still...

I have decided to use my blog for honest, sometimes not-so-positive entries in addition to the good ones. I've come to understand that although it is good to focus on the good things in life, it's important to recognize ALL emotions rather than throw hard things under the rug. Today wasn't the greatest day for anxiety. I caught myself in an irritable mood, thinking negatively, and even had a bout or two of palpitations (mini anxiety attacks in my book). It was hard to develop enough motivation to do anything, and when I did, it wasn't done in the happiest mood. It wasn't a TERRIEBLE day, but I'm going to be grateful when it's over. My pillow is looking pretty inviting right now! Over this semester, anxiety has been discovered to be the root of many of the issues in my life: my perspectives on dating/marriage, physical health, patience levels, emotions, etc. It's been a semester of big changes in my attitude and actions for the better. I accept, though, that there will be bad days along with the good ones. It's weird how anxiety will sometimes flare up for no apparent reason. It doesn't have to be a very stressful day (although that definitely does help bring out the ants in my pants) or a busy one for that matter. There are times wen anxiety overcomes me as I am relaxing in my room or quietly studying at the library. I could have no thoughts that wod provoke anxiety, and my heart starts racing. Granted, there are probably things in my subconscious that aren't helping very much. The bottom line is that today wasn't the best, but tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment