Tuesday, December 13, 2011

To write about what?

I want to write, but what about?  How about.....

Surrendering to His plan


It's always been difficult for my stubborn little spirit to allow God to take charge of my life.  I don't like change, and I have a hard time seeing the big picture or trusting in someone who can see it.

However, I've gotten better.


Recently, I had planned out my entire winter and spring semesters for school (my LAST two semesters!).  When I had all my ducks in a row for winter, my world was turned upside down.

This was my plan:
- 16 credits of classes
- Working as a T.A. for a Greenhouse Ops class
- Disney Campus Rep
- Teaching academic advising seminars
- Attending training for Summer Jam (camp for inner city girls in Chicago)

I thought it was perfect, and as soon as I had everything in order, one of my professors pulled me into his office and invited me to be on BYU-Idaho's team for the PLANET competition in March.  WHAT?!  I'm not even a design/build student!  Well, it's a pretty awesome honor to be invited, and I immediately felt SO good about it.  What did that mean?  I had to change up my plan since training for the competition would take a lot of time.

New plan:
- 14ish credits (different classes)
- Still a T.A.
- Still Disney Campus Rep
- Turned down teaching academic advising seminars
- Turned down Summer Jam (that was hard)
- Lots and lots of memorizing hundreds of plants and studying Personnel Management for PLANET

I was talking to a friend about this, and he had a great way of looking at it.  Instead of thinking that our plan was a "good try" and Heavenly Father fixes it, he recommended thinking that since we took the initiative to make plans and move forward with them, God blesses us with a better plan.

I like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment