Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Basking in 78 degree weather...

In case you were wondering, there is an 80 DEGREE DIFFERENCE between where I am in Florida and where I will be going back this Friday (it's 2 degrees in Rexburg!).  Boy, am I glad to be home.  And the weather is supposed to be much better on the day I get back!  I believe in miracles!

Anyway, at this very moment, it is THANKSGIVING DAY!  So here's my list of what I'm thankful for.  First off, I must say that there is no way that I could write everything, and there are so many blessings that I may not even recognize in my life, but I recognize that my Heavenly Father's hand is in everything.

I am thankful for:

Very first and foremost, my Heavenly Father and the plan He has for me.  Boy, do I live the good life when I follow His plan!
Jesus Christ, my Mediator and Best Friend.  I am so thankful for all He's done for me to provide a way to fix my mistakes
A wonderful family
Technology
When my Dad makes homemade popcorn
Cell phone covers.... and warranties!
Good health and the modern medicine we have to keep us that way
Beautiful weather
Sunshine
Being able to attend BYU-Idaho and be in one THE best Horticulture programs in the nation.  Seriously!  Nationally known!
Having good food to eat
Electricity
Plants (oh yeah!)
Disney World :)
Computers
Nail polish
Hugs and cuddling
Thrift stores
Yummy Florida-grown citrus
My little space heater I bought for $10 that keeps my bedroom at school, also known as the Arctic Circle, nice and toasty
Cotton candy
Good quality tissues when you cry
Plumbing!
Soft, squishy carpet
Knowledge
Scriptures
Prayer
Good teeth and being able to go to a dentist to keep them that way!
Rain boots that keep my feet dry
Ski socks my mom bought to keep those dry feet warm
Flip flops (when I can wear them!  I've worn ONLY flip flops while I've been home)
German chocolate.  Natalie, you have ruined me!  I can't look at this crap they make in America and call it chocolate.
Hamsters!
Beautiful nature
Clouds
Stars
Warmth
Fall leaves!!!!
Coconut covered marshmallows
SALT!  Food would be SO boring without it
The ocean and the waves
Light
A bottle of REALLY good lotion
Being HOME for Thanksgiving
Living in a free country

I could go on forever!  All in all, I am so thankful to be ALIVE.  I'm thankful for the opportunity to progress in life and become a better person.  I'm grateful for the chances I get to help other people and help them along their own journey towards Happiness.

Words can't express how much gratitude I have for all that I have in my life.  God is good!

I LOVE fall leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment