Thursday, June 9, 2011

Focusing on the positive...

Two more great lesson from my best friend and worst enemy.  Darn it seeds!

Lesson #1: 
Slow down.  

Cleaning seed manually without any machines can be very labor intensive and time consuming.  Today, I was given some nemastylis geminiflora to clean.  Each seed pod had to be opened carefully by hand, so it took a while.  BUT, I learned that as I was forced to sit down and do something that was slow and time consuming, I had time to think.

Lesson #2: 
Don't focus on what you didn't accomplish in the day, but rather focus on what you DID accomplish.  

I can easily become overwhelmed when I look at the big picture and realize how much I need to do, and all I'm thinking about it was I didn't get done.  I was using a blow dryer and sifter to get all the chaff separated from the seed, and I was focusing on this one piece that I could NOT get to blow away.  As I focused on that one piece that wouldn't move, TONS of other pieces were flying out of the sifter.

Your inbox will ALWAYS be full, so you'd better get used to it.  Don't expect to get to the bottom of the piles of "to-do's," but rather take a step back frequently to see how many papers are in your "done" pile.

I'm tired.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment