Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hmmmm...

Well, I WAS going to make homemade bread tonight, but due to the fact that I just chopped off a chunk of skin from my thumb, I'll probably have to wait a week or two.  :(  Instead, I have a desire to blog, but nothing is really coming to mind...

OK, I found something!  Instead of making bread, I made peanut butter cookies.  Those don't require any kneading.  As I was making the cookies, I automatically searched for a fork to make the criss-cross pattern on each cookie.  I stopped for a moment, and thought why the HECK do we do that?!  And only on peanut butter cookies! After a little bit of research, I found that some claim peanut butter cookies, unlike other cookies that are much lighter, need to be squished down in order to get the flat cookie shape.  Others say it's just tradition.  I'm going with the tradition idea, because when I tried to put them in the oven without the blessed fork squish, I just couldn't do it.

5 cookies and 1 cup of milk later, I'm ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment